Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Used to Love Him

I remember the exact day I fell in love with ___. Little did I know how much ___ would be a part of my life. __ was young, nieve, confused and sometimes innocent, and sometimes as mischievious as I was.
And as I grew up; __ grew with me, and along the way it took on my baggage, my dreams
I felt __ and __ felt me, and I know everyone who loves the music, feels the same as I do
For many people __ was that first friend, the first to talk to us; the first to understand. __ has always been that kind of friend to me
And like any relationship, I watched it grow, I watched it change. Ever thought you'd see __ grow up? From this up into that.
The union of __ to the mainstream was a hard thing to imagine. __ was always this personal regional thing that belonged to just me. Now anyone could get a piece of __; I knew I was going to have to share- and that was hard to get use to.
___ is my best friend no body believes in you more then I do.
Just when you think you know everything about __, it finds a way to surprise you and remind you why you fell in love in the frst place.
so whats the difference between this and that? It's simple; its like saying you love somebody, and being in love with somebody.
I'm the main person talking about how __ is loosing its way getting in touch with it's roots, getting back to why we fell in love in the first place.
Or is it about forward movement innovate and move on? One minute its how we need this or to stay the same; then the next it's how things need to change. I do want things to change, just don't like how things have changed- and I didn't know this is how it was gonna turn out.
If we look back it'll make us see things; things that we never knew were there before; if we just STOP and find that thing that we know is missing then we can build on that.
I don't know why your heart doesn't do what your mind tells it. I always thought I would outgrow my relationship with __. I never thought it was a fad like many. But I never thought it could grow and mature; I thought it would be an adolescent memory I'd look back on, like a crush on the captain of the football team.
But I realized we had more than that, much more.
We have a history, a friendship, we listen to each other, we laugh together, we finish each others sentences.
I don't have to pretend with __; and he doesn't have to pretend with me.

My feelings have never been more clear; and I know they will never go away.

I used to love, I still do; and always will.
It took me so long because I was scared and hard headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment